With more of us having friends round for dinner rather than eating out as much as we were previously, it can be hard to think of a desert which will impress your guests, taste delicious and not leave you feeling like you’ve over indulged. Enter chocolate avocado mouse! This recipe provides a fabulous combo of healthy fats and tastes so rich and creamy, so it’s perfect for any chocolate lovers out there. The best part is that your guests will never know, if you would rather keep the avocado as a secret!
- 1 large avocado
- 2tbsp cacao powder
- 70ml almond milk (unsweetened) or whatever milk you chose
- 1.5tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Options for toppings:
- 7 almonds, chopped to garnish
- Small sprinkle of cacao nibs
- Small sprinkle of dedicated coconut
- Some chopped strawberries
Simply blend everything together and serve with your favourite toppings!