The combination of apple, cinnamon, mixed spice, orange, raisins and walnuts brings together some of our favourite festive flavourings into this delicious and nutritious breakfast! Perfect to give you energy pre or post workout, providing slow-releasing energy throughout your morning and containing mix of complex carbohydrates, protein, fibre and natural sugars for sweetness!
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 80g porridge oats
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 125ml oat milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 25g walnuts
- 25 raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cinnamon, mixed spice, porridge oats.
- Grate in the apple (keeping the skin on) before squeezing in the juice of 1 large orange and adding the oat milk.
- Give everything a good stir before covering the bowl and leaving in the fridge overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the porridge the next morning, give the oats a stir before spooning into 2 bowls and topping each with a tablespoon of almond butter and a scattering of the walnuts and raisins.