This recipe is a great way to ‘mix up’ your breakfast if you are bored of plain yoghurt or porridge. It will help to lower you cholesterol due to the heart healthy fats found in the pistachios and the chia seeds are a source of omega-3 and calcium!
Note: You will need to complete step 1 the night before so it sets in the fridge over night!
- 125g your favourite plain yoghurt (can be dairy or plant based)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Splash of your favourite milk (can be dairy or plant based)
- 1 Handful of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1tsp crushed pistachios
- Stevia or honey
- Mix the yogurt with the chia seeds, adding a splash of milk to loosen it a little.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to soak.
- Then, the next morning, if using fresh raspberries, slightly crush them with the back of a fork or if using frozen raspberries then blend together to make a coulis and add to the top of the yoghurt mixture.
- Top with crushed pistachios and a few fresh raspberries if you fancy.
- Add stevia or honey to taste if you would like sweeten it.